Planning and Zoning
In the past, Concord Square has offered municipal clients a full range of services pertaining to zoning and regulatory amendments, including:
- Grant writing and administration;
- Research and coordination to document legal and policy basis for zoning amendments;
- Authoring zoning and regulations including 40A zoning amendments and overlay districts, smart growth zoning overlay districts, 40R design standards, and zoning design guidelines;
- Preparing applications and financing plans for District Improvement Financing pursuant to Mass. General Laws Ch. 40Q;
- Coordinating infrastructure capacity assessments and development mitigation costs associated with smart growth zoning;
- Public presentations, community visioning and facilitation of municipal forums.
Concord Square consistently produced printed work products of exceptional quality. However, the element that best exemplifies our project approach is our commitment to facilitating an thorough, complete and inclusive public process. Our success in a range of community contexts can be attributed to investing the time necessary to truly understand the concerns of citizens, merchants, municipal officials and other affected parties, and to work toward solutions around which consensus may be achieved.
The economic downturn commencing in 2008 reduced the amount of planning work available, and as of mid-2011, no personnel related to planning have been on the staff of Concord square. However, the experience of Ted Carman in all of these issues is available as would be useful.
The projects listed below provide examples of our work on a number of public policy issues with a wide range of municipal clients.